Several people have been killed and others injured by a man using a bow and arrows to carry out attacks in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg, local police said.
“The man has been apprehended … from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone,” police chief Oeyvind Aas told reporters on Wednesday.
“Several people have been injured and several are dead,” Aas said, adding that the attack occurred in the town centre.
He declined to comment on the number of casualties. The wounded have been taken to hospital.
The attacks took place over “a large area” of Kongsberg, a municipality of around 28,000 people in southeastern Norway, police said.
The attack occurred at around 6:30pm (16:30 GMT), in the city located some 80km (50 miles) southwest of Oslo.
Police said the suspect had been taken to a police station in the nearby town of Drammen but gave no other details about the man.
“There is no active search for other people,” Aas said.
The TV2 station reported that the man also had a knife or other weapons.
More to follow.